Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Green Homes Grant Scheme

Energy Saving Trust - Warmworks logo

Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council have funding under the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery funding which could make your home warmer and help you save on your energy bills. Please find details below.

With energy prices soaring there’s never been a better time to find out about funding for energy saving improvements to help keep your home warm while saving you money on your energy bills and helping reduce carbon emissions.

Can I get these free energy saving improvements?

To get these improvements your home should have:

  • an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rated Band E, F or G (D rated can also be considered).


  • You are likely to be an eligible household if you are on a low income and one of the following applies:
    • If your annual household income is under £30,000, or under £20,000 after rent or mortgage costs,
    • Your household is on means-tested benefits.
    • An allowance will also be made for the number of children in your household, or if you have recently lost income.

What energy saving improvements can I get for my home?

These are the energy and cost-saving upgrades that you may be able to receive in your house:

  • Insulation & ventilation upgrades (to keep your home comfortable in both the winter and summer and help cut your energy bills)
  • An upgrade to a low carbon heating system (to cut your carbon emissions so not gas or oil boilers)
  • Heating Controls (that help save you money because you only use the heat when you need it)
  • Energy Efficient Hot Water Solution (keeping your water warm for longer and saving you money)
  • Solar Thermals panels (to heat your hot water)
  • Solar PV panels (to generate free electricity)
  • Energy Efficiency lighting (cheaper to run)

The upgrades offered will be based on the results of a free survey.

If you have a flat or maisonette not all these improvements can be done but if you would like, we can come and survey your home and talk with you about finding the best solution for your home.

Who pays for the energy saving improvement?

The funding has been allocated to local authorities from central government.

Who is carrying out the work?

All finance applications are made and managed seamlessly on your behalf by Warmworks (managing agent), who also manage all the installation works.

How is the funding being distributed?

Funding is being distributed on a first come first serve basis.

How do I find out more?

For more information, call the Energy Saving Trust free on 0808 196 8255 or complete the online application form opens in a new window